Sunday, November 16, 2008

Chemo Update

Well, I just thought I would post a quick update since I haven't in a few weeks. I am 1/3 of the way through my second round of chemo now. After having some blood tests and what not during my last round of chemo the doctor says that my numbers are looking better in repect to the cancer. So in other words this kind of chemo is working for me. I have 2 more weeks left in this round of my chemo and then I will have a minimum of 2 more rounds after this one (most likely more). As for the questions lots of you have had about this treatment here is some of the details. My main side effects are near constant nausea and lack of appetite. I take some pills to help with the nausea but if I don't keep up on my eating regularly or if I am up and around for too long then I still get to experience the joyful nausea. Also yes, I did lose my hair. But that isn't too bad. Natalie and Jake thought it was GREAT fun to shave my head. I have a couple of wigs and I enjoy this time in my life of not having to blow dry or curl any hair. It is like a hair vacation. Plus the benefits extend to my legs and armpits too. Which is something I am sure everyone was dying to know! :)

I also wanted to say a quick thanks to EVERYONE who has prayed for me, had positive thoughts for me, done service for my family and I, offered service for my family and I, thought about doing service for my family, anything. Everything has been such a big help. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful support system of both family and friends.

7 comments:

Hayley said...

WOW! If only we could all have such a great optimistic attitude during hard times. You are a great example and inspiration. Wishing you the best! Please, let me know if you need anything.

James and Jenni McBride said...

Suzie, I wanted to say once again....You looked amazing today!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I love that you don't have to worry about your leg or armpit hair. Maybe I should do chemo... Well, maybe not, but glad you can look at the positive :) Keep up the attitude!

Cari said...

Hey Baxter's, Jordan and Cari here. We found your blog the other day, I hope its cool if we look at it from time to time.

I can't believe how positive your family is all of the time; I think its great! Let us know if you need anything!

Steve and Katy said...

Love you Suzi! Think about ya lots. Your awesome. Keep up the positive attitude. Your in my prayers!

Jared and Laura said...

Suzi, you're amazingly strong. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Janna said...

You are inspiring. As I read your blog I thought about all the stupid trivial things that I am always worrying about. None of them really matter. I can't imagine what it must feel like to be in your situation, yet you have such a possitive attitude about it all.