Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hardware Ranch

As a continuation of my birthday celebration, my parents took Natalie and I to Hardware Ranch. It is this place east of Logan that has about 500-600 wild elk in the winter. They offer a sleigh ride pulled by 2 big Clydesdale's into the elk heard. It was fun.

Natalie and I at the visitors center.

Me and Mom on the sleigh.

Natalie looking at some elk from the sleigh.

This elk was seriously only like 6 feet away from us. There were a lot of others that were this close but he was one of the few that had big antlers.

Part of the heard. It looks smaller but there were about 500 elk surrounding us.

Me, Dad, Natalie and Mom on the sleigh. And yes it was FREEZING cold.

Natalie petting one of the horses. This was probably by far Natalie's favorite part of the day.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad you had a fun birthday! And you guys look fabulous in your furry winter coats!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

That elk is huge! Glad you had fun!!!