Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Enjoying the summer with an IV

So here is the update:
I went to see my Dr last week. He said that he would like to start me on a new chemo. He said that by about the 3rd chemo treatment my bowels should have resolved themselves. We have to wait to start it until the drug company agrees to pay for it though. So I was thinking: Okay,how long are we talking about here, a month or so more of this non eating IV life? Nope. As it turns out I will be sipping on some IV juice for at least the next 4 months! That kinda sounds like forever to not eat. But on the plus side my body will be able to get stronger and healthier than it has been in like 4 years so that's good. Plus I have put on almost 9 lbs now. Only like 11-16 or so more to go. And I can't complain about how I feel. I feel a lot better than I have for a lot of Natalie's life.

The gloomy, cold, wet spring days are what cause the beautiful flowers to bloom and grow.

5 comments:

Hayley said...

4 months huh? Guess you won't be stuffing your face with Chuck E Cheese's pizza eh?

Diana said...

Your attitude is inspiring!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

So glad you can look on the positive side of things! And glad you are feeling better too. What happens if you do eat? Does it mess your system up?

James and Jenni McBride said...

Keep it up girl!

Leslie said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling healthier and that the IV is helping your body gain weight and grow stonger. Keep up the great attitude!