Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gone, but always in our hearts

Suzi passed away today at home. She had been on home hospice for about 8 weeks and she has now returned to Heavenly Father. She was so valiant in her battle against cancer. The cancer may have won this battle, but Suzi definitely won the war. The way she lived her life is a pattern that we could all follow to reach our ultimate goal on this earth. She was a shining example to everyone around her and she will be sorely missed. We are thankful that her pain and suffering caused by the cancer are over. She can now prepare a place for us in heaven to meet again someday. Thank you to everyone who has shown their love and support through this time. We have been overwhelmed with the generosity, kindness, and selfless support received from friends, family, and complete strangers. It has truly been a blessing to see the ways that Suzi has touched peoples lives through her experiences. We love you Suzi! Until we meet again.

3 comments:

Brad and Sharee Moss said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I grew up with Suzi and her mom Pepper who is one of my most favorite people in the world. Please give her a huge hug for me and tell her that Sharee loves her soooooo much. I think of her often and will pray for her more as she is dealing with such a hard loss. Please tell her I love her and will pray for your family.

Love ....Sharee, her tiny piano playing Bee Hive =)

Kris said...

I grew up with Suzi and remember how great a friend she was to every one. I'm sad to hear of her passing, although I know she was suffering very much and was prepared to go on to the next life. My prayers go out to you and your daughter and also to Suzi's Family. Thank you for sharing her passing on this blog, as this is the only connection I have with suzi and I was wondering how she was doing. If you have time would you be able to send me Suzi's parents address? I know you are busy but they are family friends of mine and I know my family and I would love to send some things to Pepper and family. email kristinharker @ gmail. com

Katie Pettey said...

Jake,
We peeked in on your blog from the VHS page and saw that your wife had passed. We are so sorry for your loss. You are in our prayers!
Nelson and Katie (Edmunds) Pettey

P.S. Your daughter is darling!