Okay, I am writing to help clear some of the confusion I have been hearing about. Yes, I am in Saint Marks Hospital in Salt Lake City. I always drive the extra miles to that hospital for all my hospital needs since this is where my gynecological oncologist has privileges. I am in the hospital due to a bowel obstruction of some sort. I am prone to these since I have a colostomy and a lot of scar tissue around my intestines from past chemo and radiation treatments as well as from past surgeries. I am not sure how long I will be here yet. It pretty much all depends on how long it takes my bowels to get their act together. So it may be just a few days or maybe a week. We will all have to wait and see. So the moral of this story is that this hospitalization is not 100% directly related to my cancer. Like I said before, I am just naturally prone to having bowel obstructions.
Thanks for all your well wishes, thoughts and prayers.
2 years ago





4 comments:
Hey Suzi, I have been thinking about you and your family hoping things were going well. Thanks for the update so we don't have to bug Jake tonight.
Sounds like things are pretty crapy, but you sound upbeat as always. I was wondering if you would like some company there at the hospital or if it is better to have peace and quite. And I was wondering if maybe Natalie would like a sleep-over. I know you have lots of friends and family, but you have not used us yet, so we are here if there is something we can help with. Let me know about coming to see you. I understand if now is not a good time. Just let me know if you get bord. (I hate hospitals and get so bord so if you are that way too I will come see you tomorrow)!
Take care and we will keep praying.
thanks Kristen. First of all, I am always up for company. As for the sleepover idea, I know Natalie would LOVE LOVE it but we aren't quite sure how this week is going to work out yet since I have no real idea for my hospital stay time line. We'll keep you posted!
Thank you for clearing that up for me. There were so many versions going around today....it was crazy. Let me know what we can do.....We are praying for you guys.
Thanks for letting us come by Sunday. We enjoyed the game, as always. Cari had fun with Natalie and I am sure Sophie did too! Let us know what else we can do for you.
Post a Comment