Thursday, February 26, 2009

One year older and wiser too?

So yesterday was my birthday. The big 2 - 7. I had a wonderful day thanks to my wonderful family and friends. The day started with Natalie and Jake singing happy birthday to me with a match stuck in a home-made blueberry muffin (one of my absolute favorites!!!).

This is just Natalie being Natalie yesterday, enough said. Then my Mom, Natalie and I went to lunch at Marie Calendars, which was so yummy. I especially liked the banana cream pie for desert. Of course I forgot to take a picture of us at lunch. Then my sweet Dad came over and took Natalie for the afternoon and evening. I was able to go down to Centerville and see my 3 sister-in-laws, my mother-in-law and my very tiny and very new niece.


After relaxing and talking for a while we went to the Mandarin Chinese restaurant in Bountiful. I hadn't ever been there but I REALLY liked the food and the atmosphere. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great Chinese place. Once again I didn't take a picture of us at the restaurant. But we order almond chicken, shrimp something yummy, some yummy noodle thing and Duck. Everyone but me tried the duck. I guess I am just not that adventurous, which is okay with me!!! We have a great server/waitress who put up with us and our craziness. She even let Jake go in the back and concoct his own vanilla cherry coke.

Thanks to everyone for making my birthday so fabulous. I got wonderufl gifts, cards and well wishes. You are all awesome!!!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Wow you're so OLD! ;) j/k Glad to hear you had a good b-day though, now I want Chinese food, yum!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Sounds like you had fun! And happy birthday!