Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yeah! Wheat is okay!!!!

Well, an update from the last post is probably needed. I went to the doctor the other day and he told me the great news that I am not allergic to wheat/glutin!!! Yeah for that. I was so not ready to give up my muffins and cookies and cakes and popcorn shrimp and everything else in the world that contains glutin. But as welcomed as that news was the doctor still had some not so good news. He said that the cancer looks to be back, kinda by my bladder so sometime this week I am starting chemo again. Now it isn't one where I am going to go bald or anything. It is a pill that I will take everyday, once a day for 3 weeks. He said my main side effects will be nausea and low blood counts. Neither one of those side effects is too bad. So anyways, just another bump in the road and then we'll move on.

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

So glad you can eat bread!!! I wouldn't be able to do the no carb diet thing. I would rather be fat :) That being said, so sorry you have to start chemo again. I can only imagine that wouldn't be fun... Good luck!